ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Luxembourg
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/10/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONLuxembourg › Luxembourg
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
The University of Luxembourg is looking for its Faculty of Science, Technology and Medicine for a:
Post-Doctoral Fellow in Statistical Physics of Active Matter
- 24 months contract, full time (40 h/week)
- Start date: From October 1st, 2020 (earliest possible date) to December 31st, 2021 (latest possible date)
- Research Group: Statistical Physics of Active Matter
A Postdoc position is available in the frame of the project “Statisical Mechanics of Active Matter” funded by the FNR. The goal of the Postdoc project is to combine recent methods of stochastic thermodynamics and large deviation theory to address problems of optimal control in active matter. The candidate is also expected to take part in the scientific activities organized within Statistical Physics of Active Matter group and the Department of Physics and Materials Science, such as seminars, colloquia, and summer schools.
The applicant should be a creative and motivated researcher with
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills;
- A high quality PhD in Theoretical Physics;
- Solid knowledge of Statistical Physics;
- Good written and oral skills in English.
- A dynamic research unit in a recently created, quickly growing University;
- Excellent working conditions in an international and inspiring environment;
- The opportunity to participate regularly in scientific activities in Luxembourg and abroad (seminars, summer schools, etc);
- A competitive salary.
Please send the following documents for application:
- Motivation letter;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Coordinates of two persons willing to send letters of recommendation;
- Copies of diplomas and transcripts with grades.
- Website of the group: efodorphysics.github.io;
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Please apply online before October 1st, 2021. Early submission is encouraged: Applications will be processed upon arrival.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.
EURAXESS offer ID: 541905
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.