ORGANISATION/COMPANYJohannes Kepler University Linz
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Process engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)First Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE03/02/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Linz
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
The world is changing at an ever-faster pace. At the Johannes Kepler University Linz, we work on technologies and the ideas of tomorrow on a daily basis. At the same time, we educate over 21,000 young people to meet the demands of today’s job market. In short, we are Upper Austria’s largest institution for education and research. Are you interested in being a part of shaping the future of Austria’s most attractive campus university? We currently have a job opening starting April 1, 2021, for a:
Graduate Teaching Assistant (must hold a Diploma/Master’s degree) or a University Assistant (must hold a Doctorate/Ph.D. degree) for a for a full-time, four-year or six-year position at the Institute of Process Engineering
Job Reference Number: 4408
- Supervise and enlarge the raw material preparation area, particularly reactive extraction
- Independently plan experiments, scale-up technical equipment, process development
- Model chemical systems and process chains
- Independently teach and further develop university-level classes, integrating acquired expertise into the educational content
- Collaborate closely with both colleagues at the JKU as well as at other university institutions and institutes
- Assume some of the institute’s organisational activities as well as externally represent the institute (symposia, workshops,…)
- The successful candidate must hold a Doctorate/Ph.D. in the field of process engineering or related fields desired
- Possess in-depth expertise in reactive extraction (experimental and theoretical)
- Possess teaching and educational experience
- Experience in working in international consortia
- Basic understanding of OpenFOAM
- Model with Matlab & Python and possess a strong mathematical background
- A high level of proficiency in German and English (level C1) is required
What We Offer:
- On the basis of full-time employment (40 hours/week) the minimum salary in accordance with the collective agreement is € 2,929.00 gross per month as a Graduate Teaching Assistant holding a Diploma/Master’s degree and € 3,889.50 gross per month as a University Assistant holding a Doctorate/Ph.D. degree (14 x per year, CA Job Grade: B1)
- Stable employer
- Attractive campus environment with good public transportation connections
- Attractive continual educational opportunities
- State-of-the-art research infrastructure/Dynamic research environment
- Broad range of on-campus dining services/healthy meals (organic food at the cafeteria)
- Exercise and sports classes (USI)
- …and much more
Application Deadline: February 3, 2021.
The Johannes Kepler University wishes to increase the proportion of academic female faculty and, for this reason, especially welcomes applications by qualified women. If applicants are equally qualified, a woman will be given preference for this position. The university welcomes applications from qualified applicants with physical disabilities. These applications will be given special consideration.
How to Apply:
Prospective applicants interested in the multifaceted position are requested to electronically send an application in adherence to the stated criteria together with the requested documentation via our online portal jku.at/application or to the Johannes Kepler University Linz, Department of Human Resource Management, Altenberger Straße 69, A-4040 Linz. Please include “Job Reference Number 4408“ in your application.
If you have questions, please contact: Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. Mark Hlawitschka, P +43 732 2468 9742, E‑mail: mark.hlawitschka @jku.at.
EURAXESS offer ID: 594903
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.