ORGANISATION/COMPANYJohannes Kepler University Linz
RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › BiochemistryChemistry › Physical chemistryOtherPhysics › Chemical physics
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE03/02/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Linz
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
The world is changing at an ever-faster pace. At the Johannes Kepler University Linz, we work on technologies and the ideas of tomorrow on a daily basis. At the same time, we educate over 21,000 young people to meet the demands of today’s job market. In short, we are Upper Austria’s largest institution for education and research. Are you interested in being a part of shaping the future of Austria’s most attractive campus university? We currently have a job opening starting March 1, 2021, for a:
University Assistant (must hold a Doctorate/Ph.D. degree) for a full‑time, six-year position at the Institute of Physical Chemistry
Job Reference Number: 4409
- Conduct research in the field of organic, bio-organic and organic-inorganic hybrid semiconductor materials
- Conduct research to implement organic, bio-organic and organic-inorganic hybrid semiconductors in optoelectronic devices, such as diodes and transistors
- Apply spectroscopic methods to characterize organic, bio-organic and organic-inorganic hybrid semiconductor materials
- Participate in teaching university-level courses and provide support to manage the Institute for Physical Chemistry’s general administration activities
- Interest and commitment in actively taking part in basic and applied research projects is expected
- Complete a habilitation/post-doc
- The successful candidate must hold a Doctorate/Ph.D. degree in technical, natural sciences in the fields of physics, technical physics, chemistry, technical chemistry or equivalent engineering faculties. Experience conducting scientific research on organic, bio-organic and organic-inorganic hybrid semiconductor materials and their implementation in opto-electronic devices will be preferred
- Internationally competitive scientific publication activity in this field of research is requested
- Strong command of German and English (level B2)
What We Offer:
- On the basis of full-time employment (40 hours/week) the minimum salary in accordance with the collective agreement is € 3,889.50 gross per month (14 x per year, CA Job Grade: B1)
- Stable employer
- Attractive campus environment with good public transportation connections
- Attractive continual educational opportunities
- State-of-the-art research infrastructure
- Dynamic research environment
- Broad range of on-campus dining services/healthy meals (organic food at the cafeteria)
- Exercise and sports classes (USI)
- …and much more
Application Deadline: February 3, 2021.
The Johannes Kepler University wishes to increase the proportion of academic female faculty and, for this reason, especially welcomes applications by qualified women. If applicants are equally qualified, a woman will be given preference for this position. The university welcomes applications from qualified applicants with physical disabilities. These applications will be given special consideration.
How to Apply:
Prospective applicants interested in the multifaceted position are requested to electronically send an application in adherence to the stated criteria together with the requested documentation via our online portal jku.at/application or to the Johannes Kepler University Linz, Department of Human Resource Management, Altenberger Straße 69, A-4040 Linz. Please include “Job Reference Number 4409“ in your application.
If you have questions, please contact: o. Univ. Prof. Mag. Dr. DDr. h.c. Niyazi Serdar Sariçiftçi, P +43 732 2468 5844, E‑mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
EURAXESS offer ID: 594907
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.