ORGANISATION/COMPANYEuropean Synchrotron Radiation Facility
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE19/05/2021 21:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONFrance › Grenoble
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK35
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 22 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
Your mission takes place within the context of the ESRF’s R&D programme on new detection systems conceived to meet the future needs of the ESRF experimental stations (beamlines). This programme, the EBS Detector Development Plan (EBS DDP) addresses the design and construction of advanced X-ray detectors implementing novel readout concepts and functionally rich acquisition schemes able to handle very high throughput data streams.
Your mission consists in developing, testing and documenting detector related software running in Linux environment, using C and Python programming languages.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).
- You should hold a Higher university degree (Master or equivalent diploma offering 300 ECTS) in software engineering or in an instrumentation-related field such as physics or electronics
- 3 to 5 years of experience in development of software applications
- In-depth knowledge of the Instrumentation field
- Solid skills in Python and C/C++ programming skills
- Familiarity with software development and documentation tools in Linux environments
- Good interpersonal skills are essential to integrate into a multidisciplinary and international research team
- Good project and time management skills will be an asset
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
EURAXESS offer ID: 630642
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.