ORGANISATION/COMPANYALMA MATER STUDIORUM - Università di Bologna
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › OtherMedical sciencesNeurosciences › Neurophysiology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE21/05/2021 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONItaly › Bologna
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/11/2021
The aim of the PhD programme is to provide to the scientific community outstanding young researchers who can lead research groups in the Universities, Hospitals, Biotech and Pharmaceutical Industries. Our PhDs will have comprehensive skills in the fields of: Morphology and functions of the nucleus; Gene regulation mechanisms; Morphogenesis, organogenesis and differentiation; Stem cells; Biopathology of acute and chronic lymphoproliferative and myeloproliferative disorders; Nervous system; Cellular and molecular aspects of nerve function; Pathophysiology of the sleep-wake cycle; Neurological pathologies; Neuropharmacology and Neuropathology; Image analysis and biomolecular correlates; Clinical and Experimental Pathology and Pathophysiology; Medical biotechnology and biomedical technologies; Biochemistry of metabolic systems.
- Research topics
- Biomedical and Molecular Sciences
- Clinical and Experimental Physiopathology
- Basic and Clinical Neurosciences
- Morphology, Differentiation and Stem Cells
- Personalized Medicine in Biomedical and Neuromotor Sciences
The yearly gross amount of the scholarships is € 15.343,28. Social-security contributions are deducted monthly from the gross scholarship by the University on behalf of the PhD candidates. Scholarships are paid to PhD candidates on a monthly basis, in arrears (payment is completed not earlier than the 25th day of the month)
Please, chek the Call for applications
Qualifications and research proposal evaluation
More information in the PhD Programme Table
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELOther: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
Applicants, regardless of age and citizenship status, can apply for the admission to the selection procedure if they have awarded at least one of the following degrees:
- Laurea Magistrale, Magistrale a ciclo unico or Laurea Specialistica (Master’s Degree);
- Laurea di Vecchio Ordinamento (pre-1999 reform);
- A Second Cycle Degree awarded by academic institutions part of AFAM (Alta Formazione Artistica e Musicale);
- A non-Italian Second Cycle Degree (Master’s Degree or Single Cycle Degree) awarded by an academic institution equivalent to the above mentioned degrees (letters a, b, c).
Applicants who are yet to obtain their Second Cycle Degree are admitted to the selection procedure on condition that they obtain their degree by no later than October, 31st 2021.
- Multi-annual research proposal, with special emphasis on the activities to be completed during the first-year course.
- Abstract of the second cycle degree thesis
- No more than 2 reference letters
- List of publications (i.e. monographs, articles on scientific journals, volume chapters), minor publications (conference papers, etc.) and abstracts and posters presented during academic conferences
- University Master Courses (Master Universitari di I e II livello), Postgraduate vocational training programmes and/or specialisation programmes relevant to the PhD Programme
- Specialisation thesis abstract (5000 characters max)
- Research activity - whether basic, applied, translational, etc. - carried out in any capacity, including when covered by research grants, and as a staff member of research units
- Professional or training internships
- Periods of study abroad, outside the country of origin (e.g. Erasmus programme or other similar mobility programmes)
- Other qualifications attesting the suitability of the applicants (scholarships, prizes, etc)
More information in the PhD Programme Table.
EURAXESS offer ID: 630743
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.