RESEARCH FIELDEconomics › Health economics
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE05/11/2020 17:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONSpain › Barcelona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry. Currently, ISGlobal is highly committed to find solutions, through research, to the global health emergency caused by COVID-19 pandemic. In addition to the public health, the epidemiology, and the clinical disciplines, ISGlobal has been accumulating remarkable experience in health economics applied to poverty related diseases in low- and middle-income countries. The work carried out by health economists at ISGlobal is a highly motivating combination of field and desk work resulting in significant and impactful research outputs tackling healthcare challenges in low resource settings. Health economists at ISGlobal are currently contributing to the fight against the pandemic by generating knowledge on several aspects of the economics of COVID-19. The chosen candidate for this position will contribute to the further consolidation of the health economics team and to its methodological, geographical and theme expansion.
What We Are Looking for:
ISGlobal is seeking an outstanding post-doctoral researcher in health economics with high-level capacity in both econometrics and economic evaluation techniques. The position is linked to three projects: (i) the analysis of the determinants of preventive behaviour for selected infectious diseases in different contexts; (ii) the elicitation of preferences for preventive health technologies in Europe and India; (iii) the R&D challenges for new diagnostic tools for neglected tropical diseases and their cost-effectiveness once these are developed.
- To follow up data collection
- To conduct the analysis of primary collected data
- To contribute to the analysis of large data sets
- To contribute to the writing of reports and papers for publication
- To attend relevant project meetings
- To present research outputs, including drafting academic publications, reports
- To deal with issues that may affect the achievement of research objectives and deadlines
- To contribute to writing bids for research funding
- Duration: 1 year (can be renewed depending on research funds)
- Starting date:Expected 09/11/2020
- Contract:full time
During the crisis caused by COVID19, standard working conditions will be adapted to sanitary requirements.
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: Postdoc_HealthEconomics_Oct20, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until November 5th 2020.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Only applications received through the form will be valued.
In ISGlobal we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such as age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings, religion or sexual orientation.
- PhD in economics or health economics
- Evidence of a high level of quantitative skills for health economic analysis, including econometrics and economic evaluation
- Familiarity with analysis of large data sets
- Availability to travel (should the pandemic allows) within and outside Europe, availability to spend relatively long periods where studies are conducted and capacity to manage field work (data collection, data management)
- Contribute to the planning and organising of the specified research projects and the future research
- Willingness and ability to apply to research funds
- Research experience after the PhD, particularly in poverty related infectious diseases, is a clear plus value
- Language level: Good levels of English and Spanish, spoken and written, are essential.
EURAXESS offer ID: 571982
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.