RESEARCH FIELDMedical sciences › MedicineMedical sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/05/2021 17:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONSpain › Barcelona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
The Barcelona Institute for Global Health, ISGlobal, is the result of an innovative alliance between academic, government, and philanthropic institutions to contribute to the efforts undertaken by the international community to address the challenges in global health.
BioMAL (Evaluation of Biomarkers as predictive factors of severe imported MALaria) is a project which aims to improve the management of febrile travellers and recently-arrived migrants with malaria through the identification of those at high risk of presenting with organ dysfunction (and a higher risk of death). This is a retrospective project based on patients diagnosed with malaria and attended at Hospital Clinic of Barcelona.
Barcelona - Campus Clinic
What We Are Looking for
ISGlobal is looking for a candidate research physician or nurse, preferably with expertise in interpretation of medical reports for a position at the Barcelona Institute for Global Health, in Barcelona (Spain). The medical student or nurse will participate on the review of medical reports and the data entry of patients with imported malaria under the PI-ship of Jose Muñoz and Daniel Camprubí. Furthermore, the candidate will get involved in the discussion of the results as well as in the authorship of the resulting scientific articles.
Main duties and tasks
- Interpretation of medical reports from malaria cases included in the study
- Data entry in a database of patients with imported malaria
- Ensure all study procedures are carried out with quality and in accordance with good clinical practices, with emphasis on confidentiality and data protection.
- Responsible for protecting the rights, safety and welfare of participants included in the study.
- Participate in the discussion of results and writing of scientific articles under the supervision of the principal investigator.
- Search pertinent scientific literature as needed
Experience and training
- Medical Student with expertise in interpretation of medical reports (1st cycle of the Medicine Degree completed) or Degree in Nursing. Additional profiles will be considered if highly motivated researchers in other related disciplines decide to apply.
- Interest on Infectious Diseases, Tropical Medicine and International Health.
- Proven ability to work in teams.
- Experience and knowledge on databases and data entry.
Salary and conditions
The position is for a period of 2 months. The conditions will be agreed according to training and experience. Immediate incorporation.
Applicants must fill in the request form and attach the CV and a cover letter, including the following reference: “RAssistant_BioMAL_Apr21”. Each document must include the candidate name and surname. The receipt of applications will be open until May 1st 2021.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.
In ISGlobal we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such as age, gender, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings, religion or sexual orientation.
Web site for additional job details
EURAXESS offer ID: 630616
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.