ORGANISATION/COMPANYEuropean Synchrotron Radiation Facility
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE19/05/2021 21:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONFrance › Grenoble
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK35
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 22 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
Within the safety group, under the responsibility of the safety officer in charge of the experimental safety unit, your mission consists in assisting and advising the Management and the staff concerning the elaboration of the ESRF Safety Policy in the field of the biology:
- Assistance to the Experimental safety Unit in various safety matters related to biological and biochemical safety
- Safety follow-up of the MX experiments on ESRF and CRG beamline
- Safety follow-up of biological laboratories at the ESRF
- to perform the safety evaluation of laboratories and experience in the field of Biology
- Ensuring that all staff and users are informed about, trained in and comply with these regulations
- Applying for and renewing as appropriate administrative licenses (e.g. genetically modified organisms (E.N.E.S.R.), human samples export/import authorization (CODECOH), ANSM…
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The annual gross salary may be completed by additional allowances (shift allowance, standby allowance, expatriation allowance, etc.).
You should old a University Degree (Master, MSc, DESS, Diplom, Diploma, Ingeniera) in Biology / Biochemistry /Chemistry and have minimum 3 years of relevant experience.
You should have:
- Good knowledge of relevant French and European legislation in terms of technical safety
- Good working knowledge of English and French
- Strong awareness of safety
- Strong team spirit
EURAXESS offer ID: 630647
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.