ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Innsbruck
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Mechanical engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/04/2021 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONAustria › Innsbruck
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
Extent of employment:
Significant research and teaching activities take place at the Department of Computer Science at the University of Innsbruck, which are heavily dependent on experimental hardware and expertise in mechanics and electronics. In particular, computer engineering, robotics, computer haptics and virtual reality are to be mentioned here. A small workshop that exists at the Department of Computer Science is currently being renovated and is to be expanded.
Planning, development and construction of workpieces and devices for conducting scientific research and for university (distance) teaching
Organisation of workshop operations and responsible assurance of proper workshop operation
Administration and procurement of materials and workshop equipment
- Completed technical bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification (e.g. completed IT or mechatronics).
- Proven experience in the areas of circuit design, construction, manufacturing, measurement technology and mechatronics
- Experience with software for microcontrollers, sensor networks, virtual reality or robotics
- Independent collaboration with research and development teams is an advantage
- Very good computer skills
- Very good knowledge of English (B2/C1)
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Sense of responsibility
- Analytical thinking
- Independent and structured way of working with a high willingness to learn
The minimum salary for this position is € 2,457 gross per month (14 times). The salary increases with relevant professional experience. In addition, the university offers numerous attractive additional benefits (https://www.uibk.ac.at/universitaet/zusatzleistungen/).
We look forward to receiving your online application by 30.04.2021.
The University of Innsbruck attaches great importance to equal opportunities and diversity as part of its human resources policy.
The University of Innsbruck aims to increase the proportion of women and therefore explicitly invites qualified women to apply. This applies in particular to management positions as well as to academic positions. In case of underrepresentation, women with equal qualifications are given priority.
EURAXESS offer ID: 630707
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.